COVID-19 GUIDELINES & PRECAUTIONS – MANUREWA CHURCH
We need to follow the guidelines given by the health organisation so as a church we do our part:
How will we deal with the 100 person limit?
- As you enter the main church you will be ushered to chairs set up for around 95 people with a separation of at least 1 metre between each person to meet the social distancing requirements.
- We will video stream the service live
into the Junior Church Hall.
- Children will no longer sit in main church for the first part but will go directly to Junior church.
- Should any overflow be needed, people will be directed to JC hall. (we need to make sure we can fit all the children in here with 1 metre separation, front , back and either side first – only then could be overflow into this area again with 1 metre separation)
What do we need to do differently?
- Stay away if you are feeling unwell
- This applies to anyone who is or should be self-isolating
- Keep a distance of 1m from other people
- No handshaking or any physical contact with other people
- Washing hands for at least 20 second and drying them thoroughly and maintain normal personal hygiene
- The drinking fountain is not to be used, and we encourage anyone who requires water to bring their own water bottle.
- Because of the 1 metre separation required, we ask that you do not congregate in the foyer area so that prolonged contact is minimised.
- At the end of a service you need to move through the exits and go straight to your vehicles so that prolonged contact is minimised. You should not all leave out the same door at the same time.
- Creche and Junior church equipment, toys, surfaces, doors etc will have extra Wipes regularly and sanitised.
What is happening with other events?
- All camps are cancelled. This includes ladies camp, children’s camps, senior’s camp and men’s Easter camp
- All children’s groups are postponed until further notice. This includes Trackers, Rangers , Pathfinders and Sunbeams
- Mainly Music is postponed until further notice
- Other sporting events such as Saturday Badminton cancelled
- The Easter outreach is cancelled but there will be a gospel service
- The Mother’s Day outreach is cancelled but there will be a gospel service
- We will not be using the collection bags for the foreseeable future.
- For this weekend and in the next weeks, you are welcome to place your envelope in the offering box at the main door.
- We will be advising you of our new online system for making donations and any other payments.
We are reviewing how to have communion safely.
If you have any questions or need help contact Pastor or Deacons.